10 Small Steps To Improve Your Health
Many of us make health-related fitness resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking or join the neighborhood health club. While it is common to set high goals, experts say that setting smaller goals could do more for our health. “Small steps are achievable and are easier to fit into your daily routine,” says James O. Hill, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. “They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change.”
- Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra lbs. Even if you gain just a pound or two every year, the extra weight adds up quickly.
- Take more small steps. Use a pedometer to count your daily steps; then add 2,000, the equivalent of one extra mile. Keep adding steps, 1,000 to 2,000 each month or so, until you take 10,000 steps on most days.
- Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. For a filling and nutrition-packed breakfast, top Whole Grain Total® with fresh fruit slices and low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Switch three grain servings each day to whole grain. If you’re like the average American, you eat less than one whole grain serving a day.
- Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a salad (with low-fat or fat-free dressing) is filling and may help you eat less during the meal. It also counts toward your five daily cups of vegetables and fruits.
- Trim the fat. Fat has a lot of calories, and calories count. Purchase lean meats, eat poultry without the skin, switch to lower-fat cheeses, use a nonstick pan with only a dab of oil or butter.
- Consider calcium by including two or three daily servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt. Dairy calcium is good for bones and may also help you lose weight.
- Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
- Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight. The health benefits are huge lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less.
ABOUT POSEIDONIA HEALTHCARE
Poseidonia Healthcare offers a wide variety of treatments. Our services include therapies for Patients who are recovering from Chronic Diseases, Managing Diseases & Improving Quality of Life, Anti Ageing Health Management, Sports Performance and Non-Surgical Beauty Therapy.
At Poseidonia Healthcare, we understand most of our patients have been let down or not recovered using the traditional health care system. Many have gone through many years of misdiagnosis and side effects from traditional pharmaceutical drugs. Our specialised Regenerative Therapies are all tailored to treat many Diseases and Conditions, they promote the body to heal itself through the introduction of powerful innovative natural healing therapies.
Through our continued research, we are dedicated to seeking out cutting edge technology and proven medical therapies as well as embracing tried and proven treatments from all over the world.
Our Treatment Philosophy is to provide a Multi Treatment approach to return your health and wellbeing to you in the fastest possible way. We supply the most comprehensive combination of treatments all in one location. Combining Ozone Therapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Cryotherapy the most advanced Stem Cell Treatments available in the world and a comprehensive Detoxification program to mention just a few.